The fact that I can now call my work my actual job still gives me the same excitement in my belly when I first realised I could do what I love- for a living. Lately it’s been giving me opportunities which aren’t just taking a photo and putting it on Instagram…I’m now working with all types of companies in different ways. Like yesterday, when I went to Bentalls Kingston, a Fenwick store. We decided to do a collaboration from the actual store and it was brilliant! Definitely want to do more collaborations where I’m taking my followers on more of an experience, if you know what I mean. Instagram Stories and Snapchat are so good for when I want to bring something to life.
So I was choosing my top 5 favourite things that I would want for Mother’s Day this year. I got the bus from where I live here in Surrey and met the lovely Katherine from Marketing at the store. I trawled through the whole store (there was SO much to choose from and how in Gods name can I complain about a job like this, but trust me, 5 was actually a bit difficult to do!) Here’s what I chose…
1. I went straight to the interior section (you know I’m obsessed!) and discovered the beautiful French Connection Home line. Everything was so my style and I never even knew French Connection had a home section. I love this throw and would be super happy if someone (hello Daniel) got it for me on Mothers Day!
2. Which coffee drinking Mom wouldn’t want this in their kitchen? I chose the 9 cup one because 9 cups of caffeine in the morning is normal…right?!! I loved these little coasters and sugar jars too.
3. Now moving up to the fashion section and I went straight into All Saints. One of my favourites. I was speaking with the girl working there and she was telling me that this coat was one of the first pieces of clothing they designed at All Saints and how it’s still going strong. It’s one of their key pieces and it just shows that a black leather jacket is a timeless piece. I always include it when talking about my wardrobe staples and this piece can literally be worn with anything. In love with it. And the smell of that soft leather! So good.
4. Ok- not your obvious Mothers Day present, but I wanted to include it on here because of how many screenshots you took of them on my Snapchat. So yes, my fourth pick was a lampshade. Lolz. How absolutely beautifully delicate looking are these? They have that contemporary, Scandi look, but are still warm and inviting, you know?
5. My last pick was this make up gift set from Charlotte Tilbury. I was saying to Katherine how clever it was of them to have the CT make up counter right in front of you when you walk in the door. Their branding is so fabulous Hollywood GLAM and I just want to go hang out in there. They have different make up looks which you can create and purchase. I chose this Rock Chick look below.
I decided to shoot the flatlay pictures in their office with this white backdrop and when i went in, I found all these old pictures of Kingston. They were fascinating! They also had a framed advertisement for Fenwick from 1946!! I was being a bit nosey and looked at their notice board. They had the below image pinned up and I just had to give them a tap on the back. For a company with such heritage and to be so innovative with the digital age, well…that’s how a retail company will survive.
It was an honour to work with them and hope you liked my picks! They have a gift guide specifically for Mother’s Day on the Fenwick site, if you’d like to take look, here !